inspirgavations


ideas. insights. intuitions. to provide inspiration & instigation. to create a culture of innovation. for technology. leadership. business. relationsihps. life.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Story of Awesome Customer Service

Keith Ferrazzi of Never Eat Alone Blog has a great story about awesome customer service over at his blog:

...I was in the Orlando airport with Peter Winick,
who leads
FG Professional Development, waiting for our flight to Columbus on our way to Real Living – after a fun evening with the sales
force down at Fidelity corporate. We were in Outback Steakhouse, and I had been
dying for soup. So I ask the waitress if she has soup and she says No.


“But I thought I saw some people with soup,”
I said.

“Oh, we don’t have soup here. Their soup is from
the restaurant across the way. But if you give me the money, I’ll walk over and
get it for you myself.” What an amazing young woman. Melanie went to retrieve my
soup, from another restaurant, and it made my day.

Simple stuff, but it really makes a difference.
And not just in business-to-customer service, but also in personal
relationships.



Wow! This is so simple, yet so effective, and so human! I think every senior executive of every company ought to have this story told to them. They then need to embrace it, figure out a way to adopt it as company policy. They should model it and have that kind of culture infused through their organziations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

---------------oOo---------------

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.